Ricotta Hotcakes (I-Ling Chua)
To Cook (Serves 4, 48 mins)
- 1 & 1/3 cups ricotta
- 3/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 50g of butter
- Combine ricotta, milk and egg yolks in a bowl (mix well).
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt until just combined.
- Beat eggs white in another bowl until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour mix and ricotta mix.
- Fold in egg white into batter in two separate lots.
- Heat some butter in the pan and place 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan.
- Cook until the top of the mix starts to bubble and flip over gently.
- Serve with your favourite pancake sides.
- Makes 8 to 9 hotcakes depending on size. I cook 1 per batch and 1/4 cup gets you one the size of a CD/DVD in diameter. Great for a special occasion or just a special sunday breakie!